Chartsil: Solid Performance
CHARTWELL (liquid)/ 72% + HiSil ABS Precip Silica/ 28% = CHARTSIL (Solid)
|C-505.1/ 2H||mercapto||All sulfur cured rubber (SBR, etc)* Epoxy, Urethane powder coating*|
|amino||Epoxy powder coating*
EPDM, Nylon, urethane
For glass and other non-metals
|C-523.2H||carboxy/ hydroxy||TGIC Polyester powder coating*|
|B-525.1||carboxy||TGIC Polyester powder coating*|
*Improved corrosion resistance, reduced creep at the scribe
CHARTSIL: Use Procedure Considerations
- Liquid Chartwell is largely in pores of silica, not on the exterior of the Chartsil particle.
- Liquid Chartwell has high surface tension. For liquid to be released and pass into the powder coating system, the silica carrier must be crushed.
- Set extruder for maximum shear and maximum torque.*
- Recommended use level is 0.5 – 1.0 phr. (2H), 1.0-1.4 phr. (H), and 1.4-2.8 phr. (others)
|-(CH 2) x SH, X<6||C-505.1/ 2H|
|-(CH 2) xNH2, x<4||B-515.1/ 2H, C-515.71HR|
Improved corrosion resistance (salt fog), reduced creep at the scribe.
- Improved adhesion
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Improved tensile and tear strengths
*Alternatively premix Chartsil with resin/ pigments in a high shear mixture, ie Henschel, Banbury or similar. Add premix to extruder and compound as usual.
Liquid Adhesion Promoter distributed within silica pores:
High shear/ high torque = success with Chartsil
Chartwell International, Inc.
A Company of Protex International
38 Roberts Road / PO Box 1517
Dudley, MA 01571 / USA
Tel: (508) 943-7630
Fax: (508) 943-6527